RMPQEx Map Extractor
RMPQEx is a powerful MPQ/map extractor for Warcraft III. It is based on my own MPQ library that should support latest WoW/SC2 archives as well (except
patch chains since it only lets you open one archive at a time). It is widely used to study the mechanics of maps such as Dota.
- Can extract any file, including those with unknown names.
- Includes a basic listfile with the default WC3 paths.
- Filename search aka reconstructing listfile - should find all used files and some unused, except those specified
in JASS in obfuscated form, e.g. "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTN" + "Something" + ".blp".
- Search unknown files in other maps, useful if you have other versions of the same map.
- Dump object data in .txt files in human-readable form (almost), works with widgetized maps as well.
- Deobfuscate JASS script to make it readable
- Dota data is fully loaded from the map, so when a new version is released the program will
automatically read the new data.
- Built-in hex and image viewers (right-click a file and choose View binary/View image)
- Listfiles: use before loading a map, select listfiles to use (it doesnt save whatever you add there if you exit the program).
- Open: open the specified map.
- Add listfile: look for unknown files in another listfile.
- Auto search: the "reconstructing listfile" feature.
- Search in files: look in other maps for unknown files.
- Extract listfile: write the file list to an external file.
- Dump object data: self explanatory.
- Deobfuscate JASS script: self explanatory.
- Extract to: select the path for extracted files.